Back from Marathon

jpgator

Registered Member
Well finally made it back from marathon - and its back to work, unfortunately.....
Fishing just isn't any better than in the Florida Keys. MY wife - yes wife caught most of the fish - figures, I was driving the boat. Among them many many dolphin - king and massive cuda. The usual grouper, snapper and jew fish -- big big big couldn't budge them and broke 2 grouper rods.
Just can't wait to go back next year. Heres a few pics.........:D Had to run when we saw the waterspouts trying to form.....

Attachments

• bahia honda.jpg
    bahia honda.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 16
  • cuda.jpg
    cuda.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 26
  • King.jpg
    King.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 25
  • sunset2.jpg
    sunset2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 23
  • water spout.jpg
    water spout.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 24
jpgator, you are a lucky man. Glad your trip went well and thanks for the great pictures. I went to Marathon in 1999 and fished in a 3 day Dolphin tournament held by the Contractors Association of America at Hawk's Key. That was the first time that I had been in the Key's and I loved it. The fishing was great and are boat came in third place with a 58 pound fish. We loaded the boats with schoolies and they cooked them up for everyone for the awards dinner.
Why is it that the ladies always catch the most and or the biggest fish? And wy wife has no problem letting everyone know about it. "I was driving the Boat" I havent tried that one yet but is sure sounds good. I'll give it a try next time.
I see that you have the leaning post. I have the post also but my wife is 4' 11" and she says that it is to tall for her, even after I cut the post stand legs down and made it lower. Her feet wont reach anything and that is uncomfortable for her. I also see that you have removed the leaning post back and put it on the aft deck. I remove mine while fishing but have a hard time finding a place to store it. We use the seats most of the time now so the wife can be comfortable. I only thought that I was the Captain of the boat but I was wrong.
Again, thanks for the great pictures. Was that Cuda bigger than your Captain? Good Fishing, Bob.

Back