New Member Boat ID

JuneC

Registered Member
State
Texas
Hello, I'm a new member and recently inherited a Triumph boat from my late husband. Not being familiar with your forum, where is the best place for me to post asking for help with an ID and more information about the boat? TIA

Welcome, and condolences. That must be a hard situation.

To best answer your questions, which year and model Triumph Boat do you have?

Search around the site for models, forums on engines, classifieds, etc.

Martin

Welcome, and condolences. That must be a hard situation.

To best answer your questions, which year and model Triumph Boat do you have?

Search around the site for models, forums on engines, classifieds, etc.

Martin
Thank you, Martin. It is hard. The boat is just one of many things I'm trying to figure out. The thing is, I don't know the model or year. I remember my husband telling me that he was told it was a prototype boat. It is in need of full restoration. I have pictures and am happy to post them. Just wanted to make sure I was doing things in the right place and the right way on the forum. I have done a google picture search and come up empty. Thank you again for your kindness.

Welcome aboard JuneC and I too wish to extend my condolences at the loss of your husband. If you can provide a picture of the boat we should be able to tell you quickly which model it is. Also you can look for the HIN (Hull Identification Number). As a member in another forum thread has pointed out "the last 4 characters tell you the production month and year as well as the model year of the boat. The letter is the production month (A=Jan, B= Feb, so on), the next digit is the production year (4=1994, 2004, 2014, etc) and the last 2 digits being the model year (93=1993, 03=2003, etc)." It is usually found stamped into the hull on the starboard side stern of the boat. So standing outside and at the back of the boat look to the right side of the engine at the hull. You should find the number stamped into the hull.

I hope this helps!

Randy
administrator

Welcome aboard JuneC and I too wish to extend my condolences at the loss of your husband. If you can provide a picture of the boat we should be able to tell you quickly which model it is. Also you can look for the HIN (Hull Identification Number). As a member in another forum thread has pointed out "the last 4 characters tell you the production month and year as well as the model year of the boat. The letter is the production month (A=Jan, B= Feb, so on), the next digit is the production year (4=1994, 2004, 2014, etc) and the last 2 digits being the model year (93=1993, 03=2003, etc)." It is usually found stamped into the hull on the starboard side stern of the boat. So standing outside and at the back of the boat look to the right side of the engine at the hull. You should find the number stamped into the hull.

I hope this helps!

Randy
administrator
Thank you, Randy! Here are the pictures I took last time I was at the storage lot. I did not see anything stamped into the hull, however, I will go back and look again. I appreciate you allowing me to learn what I can from this group.

Attachments

• 20240703_104110.jpg
    20240703_104110.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240703_103736.jpg
    20240703_103736.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240703_103743.jpg
    20240703_103743.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240703_103833.jpg
    20240703_103833.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240703_103919.jpg
    20240703_103919.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 13
JuneC,

I'm afraid this is not a Triumph Boat manufactured with a Ropolene hull. This appears to be a Triumph branded fiberglass boat, probably from the 1960's or '70's. We'll do some research to see if we can find anything because these photos have me curious! I've never seen this brand before.

JuneC,

I'm afraid this is not a Triumph Boat manufactured with a Ropolene hull. This appears to be a Triumph branded fiberglass boat, probably from the 1960's or '70's. We'll do some research to see if we can find anything because these photos have me curious! I've never seen this brand before.
I wondered why nothing came up on Google when I did a image search. Any and all information or direction is greatly appreciated!

I found some very scant info about a Triumph brand back in the 1930s-60s that made an inboard with a 320 cu in Mercury. But try as I may, I can't find a single picture of one of their boats for a confirmation.

I have always wanted to restore a 1950's runabout boat much like that one.

Modern engine, modern electronics, neat paint job of the era.... just something to drive around on the lake.

That could really become something special with a restoration as I've described.

I hope you bring her back to life.

Martin

I found some very scant info about a Triumph brand back in the 1930s-60s that made an inboard with a 320 cu in Mercury. But try as I may, I can't find a single picture of one of their boats for a confirmation.
Thank you for trying!

I have always wanted to restore a 1950's runabout boat much like that one.

Modern engine, modern electronics, neat paint job of the era.... just something to drive around on the lake.

That could really become something special with a restoration as I've described.

I hope you bring her back to life.

Martin
Hi, Martin, that was my late husband's dream as well. I'm hoping to find out enough about the boat so that I can pass it on to someone who will make the dream a reality.

I contacted a former high level Triumph Boats employee who was with the company from its early days of operation. He said that the Genmar (Triumph owner group) legal team did a Trademark search before settling on the Triumph Boats name (Logic Boats prior to that) and they had no issues getting the brand trademarked. He also observed that the block lettering looks a little homemade so maybe someone had a thing for the car or motorcycle.

It is certainly an intriguing logo!

Randy

My thought was it may have just been the model name.

Finally found this. The company name is Triumph Storecrafters Corp., based in Houston, TX. Boat would have been manufactured in the early '60s. An 18'1" runabout sport boat. Here's an ad from the era and a chart showing the boats they made. Also a link to where I found some of the info.

s-l1600.webpTriumphbb001.jpg

Wow! Thanks, everyone, for making such an effort to help! Mike, that information on Triumph Storecrafters is golden! I really appreciate you guys! Now I'm off to find someone who wants to restore it!

Wow! Great find Mike. Never heard of them before. :cool:

Wow! Great find Mike. Never heard of them before. :cool:
Neither have I. It took a bit of surfin' the net off and on for several days. But I had a little time and figured I'd give it a shot.

Back