Swing tongue trailer

J

j2kirby7

I'm considering a new 150 but the literature states the package length to be 20'6" and I have only 18'6" max in my garage (must be garaged, CC&Rs). I understand the trailers are custom versions of an EZLoader trailer. EZLoader does have a swing tongue option. Has anyone looked into a swing tongue option for the 150 trailer? Thanks! :)

JK in CA

I have a swing tongue for my 170 cc and it works great. It fits in my garage w/ only a few inches to spare. Not to expensive either, I think my dealer charged around $150 installed. Hope this helps.

Follow-up

Thanks Roman...was the swing tongue added to to the original Triumph trailer packaged with the boat?

Yes it was added to the original trailer before I picked up the boat from the dealer.

Swing tongue option

Yes, I have. I also have CC & R's. I was looking at the 150 CC. The Triumph dealer here told me to do what all the other dealers do when I mention needing a swing tongue. They say buy the boat and take it to a welder to add the swing fitting. If EZ loader makes it as an option, why won't they order it that way when I buy the boat. Here in the Sacramento area they say it will be a 4 week wait to order the boat.

What part of California are you located?

CAfishing, I can only respond that when I inquired at Triumph the first part of this year about needing a swing tongue trailer, I was given the same welder story. While I am not positive, my guess is that Triumph buys their trailers in advance, therefore no custom orders. They are after all, in the boat business, not the trailer business. After much discussion, I purchased a trailer from another manufacturer. They were able to give me the swing tongue and make the boat ride lower on the trailer. All of this was needed for me to get our boat into our garage. Our community also prohibits us from parking a boat outside.

We do hope that Triumph will offer the swing tongue option in the future. I guess they just do not understand how this may help sell a boat. On the positive side, I can now say that we are very happy with the trailer choice and our boat choice.

CAfishing, I live in the Sac area also...Lincoln. I was trying to get all the info I could and come close to a decision before visiting the dealers. No sense getting them spun up if the boat won't fit in my garage.

I found in my search that Triumph uses an Ezloader "EZLL 80B15 1650" under the Triumph 150. I interpret that to be an 80" wide bunk trailer for a 15' boat and the weight capacity would be 1650 lbs. Ezloader states on their web site that they have a swing tongue option for MOST models.

What I haven't determined is whether the tongue on the "EZLL 80B15 1650" can be unbolted and swapped out or if welding is necessary. I will call Ezloader if and when I get closer to a decision.

I hope this helps!...JK

Back