Trailers & other mods for Australia

RoryWainer

Contributing Member
City
Donvale
The trailer for my 190 Bay needs to be modified to meet Australian regulations; apparently something to do with the hitch fitting. It is the standard EZ loader trailer (with brakes) that was shipped with the boat. And the boat also had to be modified to support a front anchor; really who sells a boat without an anchor?

Fortunately, the dealer is covering all costs, but I wonder what surprise is next...:confused:

Anyone had similar challenges localizing their Triumph boat?

Hi Rory,

I had no problems with registering my EZLoader in NSW other than a very l-o-n-g wait at the RTA.

Funny thing is that the RTA has requested an inspection on the trailer before I can re-register it :confused: I have had several new trailers that only required an inspection after they got to 3 years old.

Maybe there has been an issue or two with the EZLoaders in the last 12 months???

I will be getting mine inspected this week and i'll let you know how it goes.

Triumphs do come with an anchor ... but the 190Bay needs a bowsprit or a bowroller ... and an electric anchor winch if you are a lazy ####er like me!

Anyone had similar challenges localizing their Triumph boat?

Yep had to do the same here (WA) for the trailer on our 235. Apart from the nuisance value it was no big deal really, bolted a 3500kg that complied with Australian Standards, added a few relectors plus a compliance plate and then get the trailer weighed and all was good.

Thanks guys.

I'm inspecting the boat tomorrow before taking delivery & hope they have everything sorted out, including the trailer.

Back